There are seriously things I want to share with you guys, I have posts lined up. No excuses, life gets busy for everyone sometimes. I did receive a little extra dose of inspiration last week in the form of a blog award. Thank you so much to Sando over at The Daily Deelight for thinking of lil’ old me. She is a fellow Frederick foodie, and I actually got the chance to meet her recently (which was AWESOME!) I
demand highly recommend you check out her blog. You will find things like Jalapeno Popper Chicken and Spicy Peach Salsa (and you know how this girl feels about things that are both spicy and contain fruit).
So this award … there seem to be some stipulations 🙂 (This is going to be fun!)
Someone “gave” this award to you? Create a blog post including 11 random facts about yourself. Also in that blog post, answer the 11 question the person that nominated you has given you (see mine below) and make up another 11 questions for the people you will nominate. Give this award to 11 blogs and link them in your post! Tell those people that you have nominated them for the award. You cannot nominate the person that has nominated you.
So … 11 facts about me:
- I know way too much about the Star Wars Universe
- I’ve never been to Europe (I desperately want to get there though)
- I hate putting away laundry
- I can’t resist Harry Potter movies when they’re on TV
- I hoard magazines
- I would eat the Coconut Shrimp from Red Lobster everyday if I could
- I played the oboe for 9 years (I picked it in 4th grade solely because I was told that not very many people play it)
- I do a pretty good impression of Kristen Chenoweth’s Glinda from Wicked
- I laugh at myself more than anything else
- The only thing I can use a sewing machine for is sewing ribbons and elastics on ballet/pointe shoes
- My drink of choice almost always involves bourbon
I’ll keep the questions Sando asked me going, so these questions I’ve answered go for my nominees as well 🙂
- Favorite day of the week? Saturday
- Best date you’ve ever been on? Seeing Wicked in DC with the boyfriend, we than got caught in a torrential downpour and did a lot of laughing as we tried to wait it out under a tree even though we were already soaked.
- What was your first blog post? Go figure, it was about Firestone’s (favorite bar)
- Favorite place to eat? Ummm, that’s an impossible question 😉
- What’s the next trip you have planned or would want to take? Heading to Hilton Head & Charleston SC next month.
- The one song you will dance to no matter what? Anything old school Britney. I will also tell you that my go to for karaoke song is anything Ace of Base.
- How many pairs of shoes do you own? More than will fit on three shoe racks.
- Last dessert you ate? Some sort of caramel cookie gelato.
- Best birthday/holiday party you’ve ever been to? Secondgiving, it’s Thanksgiving but after the actual holiday, spent with people you actually choose to hang out with and there’s even more food.
- One thing you’ll never forget? The most recent big life event would have to be getting word that my new business was officially open for business. (There was a lot of jumping up and down and dancing to no music whatsoever.)
- Why do you write your blog? Oh boy … I think my reasons have significantly evolved since I started. In the beginning I really just wanted an outlet, I really started to fall in love with my hometown and creating things in my own kitchen when I moved into my first apartment. The blog kind of blossomed from that. Now it is still a wonderful creative outlet, but I’ve discovered how much I love connecting with other people in the blogosphere (if only just recently) and some other really cool opportunities have come from having this web space.
As for my nominees, you’re all awesome! Feel free to keep this thing going, but no pressure 🙂
- The McCutcheon’s Blog
- Cupcakes for Breakfast
- Let’s Cook and Be Friends
- Fifth Floor Kitchen
- Keely Marie
- Let’s Meet for Lunch
- Style Design Life
- Lace and Grace
(Sorry there are only 8, I’m bending the rules a little)